Wednesday, April 7, 2010

40/40 Club.

I was sittin’ on the curb noddin’ ma’ head to that new “###-#” album flowin’ from the I-pod; the pavement was under ma feet, I could feel it quake when I tapped it to solid foundation. The music seemed to get louder without the volume button, and I started to zone out. I was lookin’ to the blackness of the streets until it started to fade away, and I could see through everything. $#!t started to make sense now, all the questions I used to ask before all started to come back to me. “I got this” I said.

I had to take a walk to get wind of the times, it was the perfect day. Minus the music player, I could still hear the words from the Professor of vocal dexterity; he was beastin’ on the mic tellin’ his life story. I understood; he was on another level all together. You gotta choose, or let your life choose for you. I wasn’t mad, but I had to get serious now, cuz he was droppin’ jewels I heard before, but I didn’t listen to. I was listenin’ now. “I need answers “###”, what are you tryin’ to tell me?”

I had to keep walkin’, I had to take off ma shirt cuz it was getting’ hot out there, but then I finally heard, no I listened. I stood in the middle of the street and really started to look around. “Nobody else gets it” I thought, and people honk their horns. I moved out of the way, and when they pass by and go to curse me, the energy knocks them off balance; they feel it too but don’t understand it. I was liberated when my eye opened up, I was tempted to throw up a diamond, but I knew what it really was…

I looked down to study who I really was, and it was just a costume, the real me was the one who finally saw the truth. This costume wasn’t enough, it might have seemed like it, but that was an illusion. “It’s a gateway” I said aloud. “It’s like the same thing when you’re tipsy”, I was just high on ma’self for a while. This was a crash course and I just so happened to hit the brakes before I slammed into a brick wall. I felt relieved, almost as if I almost stepped into an open manhole but stopped to tie ma shoes.

“I’m starting to see what I need to do” I though to myself, it’s a challenge on two ends of the spectrum, and conquering just one isn’t enough. I can’t call myself anything close to elite until I achieve such greatness; only then can I comfortably dwell among the greats who did it before me. I wish I could feel this way all the time, but that is much too difficult for me. After I absorb it all, I turn around to head home and set things in order.

“Damn, I hope they reserved me a seat; I just need a little more time.”

-Shaum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.