Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Palace of Jade

I always admired a place that had that welcoming feeling; you know, never having to say, “Sorry about the mess” or “I didn’t have time to clean”. I guess I can say I just like tidy people, even though I am not one of them myself. To be honest, I am kind of borderline in a way, when I get tired of seeing a mess and it looks to be getting out of hand, I’ll clean it up. I don’t just clean by picking up the mess though, I get down and dirty, white-glove and everything. What’s the point of all this you ask? Allow me to explain…
You see, not to long ago I had met this young lady at the Alexandria Recreation Center while on business. Though she was awkward, and kind of off-beat, she was super-cute and I wanted to get to know her. She kind of reminded me of how I was in middle school into my freshman high school year; because of that, I knew all the right buttons to push to get her yapping. It was amazing to see all the little sign and signals she gave off, just like I would have when I was younger. I couldn’t play with her for too long though, as business called, and he being like me around my younger years, there was no way to close the deal… or so I thought.

I admit, she was a LOT smarter then “younger me” and found an excuse to give me her contact info by making it about business. “Well thank you darling for taking all the awkwardness out of that part of the game miss-lady” I thought. With a big smile I accept and be sure to bid her farewell before making a sexy exit. With a few games of hit and miss, I finally make contact. She was good though, I have to give her credit, having a party and inviting me to it as yet another excuse to give me her address. I had to think for a moment… “Why wasn’t I this smart at my younger age”, but then again, just because she reminded me of my younger self, doesn’t mean she was as naïve.
I was beginning to like this girl and I hardly knew her. Now keep in mind, I am annoyed by neat-freaks just as much as the next “messy person”, but I had to admire the idea that she cared enough about her things to preserve them in a manner to where they almost looked new, even if she has had them for years. From that moment I decided I wanted to be more like her, and ever since I have been working on becoming more meticulous when it comes to stuff that belongs to me. I assume she could see I was trying hard to respect her “life-style”, and she was humorously smitten enough to grab me by the cheeks and lay a playful lip-smack on me.

Everything just seemed to flow, and her awkward persona and off-beat energy just seemed to match my own. It was like I’ve known her forever. Everything about her was clean and neat; her house, her personality, her swagger, among other things, just squeaky-clean. I guess I can legitimately say that mamii was fresh-to-death, and in the process her once pretty jade eyes reminded me more of “mint freshness” then “clover leaves”. I wish I could have stayed around longer, but I try not to mess around with women who are engaged, sorry, gotta bounce!

-Shaum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.