Wednesday, April 7, 2010

See, now that’s kinky!

These are the usual school days that start off slow, and quickly pick up in pace after a few days. Everybody is getting to know each other, the teacher forces you to awkwardly introduce yourself to the class (as if it makes things any easier) and everyone pretty much stays in the cliques they where in last year, until they move on to the next. Yeah, school is pretty much the same familiar bulls**t that gets old quick, but you just have to tolerate.

Unlike most normal people around that time, I refused to make the best out of a bad situation, or to make it worse. All I did was just exist, and remind myself of how much this experience suck’d, so I could work my a** off to get out of it. However, as we all know, school is like jail, if you’re not down with a clique, you’re the “mark”. Things where different when I started going to collage though, I had decided to make a lot of changes in the way I did things early on, so I was pretty much in a good place by the end of the first semester.

You see, school is all about useless bulls**t and popularity contests, and gettin’ people to believe yours, no matter how useless it becomes once you leave. In a way, I started to see the benefits in creating some fake a** façade to carry you through the day and actually make you look forward to coming back at times. Yeah, it was the girls. You see, even though I was under the illusion that girls where smart enough to tell the difference between bulls**t and real s**t, they can’t. Well, I was sort of right, they can, but they can also force themselves to buy into fake s**t for the sake of… well.. I don’t know.

For some reason girls listen to the opinions of their friends more then their own personal values and beliefs, so if a girls friends hear so-and-so about you, then s**t, it must be true. So if rumors are going around that I’m smashin’ fine a** teachers, and the baddest b**ch in school, you best believe I’ll shoot up to the A-list, even if this wanting damsel had never once batted an eye for me before. Even though me and that teacher only had lunch together, and me and **** where just friends, who was I to tell her different? Usually I’d set the record straight when people got me twisted, but to hell with that today.

So if a caramel chica with kinky locks tells me to pull her by the hair and call her a b**ch, well, I guess that’s what I have to do. If you want to brag to all your girlfriends about how great I was last night, that’s fine too, even if I’ve never been with you before. I’m not usually one for all the bogus rumors and fake bulls**t, but every time the girl with the kinky locks strolls up beside me and grabs ma’ arm like I’m her man, I just gotta’ take one for the team. Just when you think you might have found the one, she introduces you to her friends, who just happen to be even more clueless then she is.

Well, I guess I’ll be taking them all to lunch then, won’t I?

-Shaum

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.