Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Brownie Points.

I went out late for about an hour or so to pick up some cough drops and Theraflu, cuz I wasn’t feelin’ too hot this morning. I still wanted to make some of my special spinach wraps, for ma new “friend” so she could tastes some of my culinary recipes. It was weird though, I kinda felt like everyone was watchin’ me when I was shoppin’ at the store, but when I looked up to see if they were, they weren’t. So I just shrugged it off and went about ma business. I must be goin’ crazy.

When I finally got to the meat daily, I asked the girl for the usual cuts. Today was weird though, cuz she kept givin’ me extra meat and cheese and $#!t, talkin’ bout how she just went ahead and added so on and so forth. She was extra nice to me. I tried my best not to look at her with my shocked eyes, but I’m sure she can get fired for doing that, but I made sure to give her the biggest smile and thank you I could, cuz really, she didn’t have to hook me up like that.

So then I go to the pharmacy (after a short trip to the fabric store), this is where I got all the medicine and stuff from, and I went to ask the girl behind the pharmacy desk where the Theraflu was, and she was lookin’ at me in a weird way too, she was one of those gorgeous dark skinned Eastern girls, anyhow she finally got out what she was trying to say, and everything seemed to be going wrong for her after that, so I kinda tip-toed away to buy the stuff up front instead. I felt like I was giving her bad luck for some reason, yeah I know it’s stupid, but whatever.

Then I get up front, pay for ma stuff, and the girl at the counter asks me if I want a brownie. I was gonna say no, cuz all I wanted was the medicine but she just “threw it in the bag” and smiled. She was lookin’ back and forth like a thief, and I wasn’t sure what to say. When she says “let me know how it tastes ok” in her Latin accent, I just smiled as best I could, and walked out the store hoping not to set off the thief alarm. I don’t know why people want to give away free $#!t all of sudden, but I can’t complain.

AT the end of the day, because everyone was so nice to me today, I’ll keep their faces in mind the next time we meet. I guess I can officially say “thanks you guys, I owe you one”. Oh, and just so you know, it was an “Oreo Cookie brownie” she gave me, and it was good as hell, you should definitely try em’ some time; I mean they are REALLY gOOd!

-Shaum



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.