Sunday, May 23, 2010

So much more…

I can’t stress it enough! Ok, I get it! I know you’re more the just a pretty face. You’re smart, witty, funny, adorable and full of life. I get it! But what I don’t get is why you never show anyone else that you’re all these things? Why does it always have to be a reassurance pick-up line when some guy thinks you going down the “I’m more then my looks path”.

Ok, let me be straight up with you, I didn’t know you where anything else buy a pretty girl when I stepped to you, and to be honest I thought you where also misguided, shallow and mean. Why you ask? Because before I even said anything to you, you looked at me like I wasn’t worth a damn.

Now don’t get me wrong, I didn’t judge you right away because you judged me first, I let my conversation with you decide the rest. After that I assumed you had no sense of awareness, I cam e to this conclusion because you couldn’t sense my positive aura or my sincerity. To add to this, you found it very necessary to point out all of my flaws and personal quirks. So now I assumed you where not only rude, but that you where also uptight and a bad judge of character.

Luckily for you I can look into the heart of people, see past their outward façade and view what’s in their heart. So when I stared into your eyes to see if you meant any of the things you where saying, my conclusion was… no, you didn’t mean any of it. So why? Why did you say cruel things you didn’t mean or be someone who you clearly aren’t? Was it a test? Ok, I’ll assume it was just a test and try to pass it with flying colors. What then? I get it now, you actually have a sense of humor, you like to laugh and talk about things important to you. Was it really that hard?

Look, I’m not saying you should show everyone who you really are. If it’s one of those pleasures that you have to earn, or be worthy to experience, I get it. Just know that first impressions are really all that people have to work with these days; getting to know someone isn’t as easy as most would like it to be. So even if you might be smart, witty, funny, adorable and full of life; don’t be surprised if the average person can’t see it. I’m not saying wear your heart on your sleeve, but your personal character should be just as visible as your lovely smile.

I’m just sayin’.

-streetPoet007



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.