Sunday, May 23, 2010

The look-out lady.

Yeah, I see you watchin’ me; I pay attention to things like that. Is this entry of mine an outlet to brag about that fact? No. I’ve never been the bragging type; I like to savor things in silence. I’m simply letting you know that I see you too. So why haven’t I done anything about it yet? Well, it’s simple and complicated at the same time. I know it sounds like an excuse to keep you in suspense, but allow me to explain.

There are several things I’ve noticed about myself when it comes to women, but I’ll just keep it simple and tell you one of them. I like to spoil you, indulge in you and utterly enjoy your company. Sometimes I can get carried away with it. There was a time I had different goals and agendas, a time when a lady in my life was a great idea. Things are different now, and I have much bigger issues I need to take care of before I even think about seducing you.

Now don’t get it twisted, I’m pretty sure you would settle for part of me and that’s not to say I think you would stoop so low, or that piece of me is better then you’ll have with any other guy. What I believe concerning you is that you deserve better then that. I want to give you better then that and I’m afraid if I taste just a little of what that could be like I’ll lose sigh of what I’m doing.

Part of me hopes that you’ll be patient and wait for me to reach the goals I’ve set for myself; that you can see the person I want you to see, appreciate, praise and love. The rest of me knows better then that; that part of me knows that nothing lasts as long as you’d like it to, and that asking you to wait on me wouldn’t be fair, or realistic. I know you have goals too; your race shouldn’t stop just because it’s convenient for me, should it?

Until that day I’ll be watching you in the corner of my eye, seeing what it is you do next, just as you will probably be watching me. The moment you take your eyes off of me, I’ll notice. I’ll likely be saddened by it too, but that is the rolling stone we call progression, the act of moving forward. Why would I ever expect you to stand still? If you ever lose sight of me that’s fine; maybe one day you’ll see me on the T.V. screen?

-streetPoet007



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.