Saturday, May 8, 2010

Reading Glasses


I remember when I was an angry and confused little boy; women didn’t make sense to me. They would say one thing and do something else, claim they wanted “this” and later end up with “that”. Talk bad about guys like dogs, and then go and date a dog; all kinda strange woman stuff I just didn’t get. I was irritated because I wanted to be a close part of their world, but I just couldn’t speak their language.

One day, while I was feeling especially sorry for myself, I ran across a revelation like no other I had ever experienced. I realized I had cracked the code to lady-lingo. I had to sit still for a while to make sure I wasn’t fooling myself, or that I hadn’t lost my mind. The obvious thing to do was test my theory, see if I really knew what kind of power I had. I went out for my first field test, and I failed pretty badly.

I wasn’t sad I had failed, I was actually quite happy. You see, I had failed for reasons much different then I had in the past. The key I managed to take with me on that journey was the unlocked door of progression. My ability to speak the language had improved. Failure after failure I began to quickly understand why I was so confused when it came to the fairer sex. The problem wasn’t that “girls are weird”, the problem was that I wasn’t “listening”.

The problem areas I noticed in my approach began with “me”. It was me who had to change; hoping women would change or even expecting it was not only impossibly impractical but ridiculous. I got so very good at listening, that I was sometimes able to finish a ladies thought before she spoke them. When little things like this impressed them, I started to ponder over other little extra tidbits I could add to my new-found talent, and that’s when I began to embellish everything I did.

You can see with you ears, feel with your mind, touch with your voice and listen with your heart. This makes perfect sense to a rare few, but it is a true spiritual science that is instinctive in most all women. I couldn’t truly understand this philosophy until I became a man of sincerity, which I found through the power of a wineglass. I drank and drank until there where no lies in me; only then could I tell a past love how I really felt for her, how I saw the world, how I thought the world saw me.

I remembered that day well; every sound, every smell and visual observation. Looking through that wineglass, could see the world for what it really was. The secret was not that the world was hidden away from me; I just wasn’t reading the signs that where right in front of my face. Those once strange implications that these lovely ladies gave off where now neon billboards to me; now when she tells me “no” and the stamp on her forehead says “oh god yes”, I know which order to obey.

The trick is to keep the “eyes” but put down the glass, but that’s just the beginning. Let’s toast to enlightenment!

-streetPoet007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here.